Contribute to and monitor progress towards the sustainable development goals (supporting policy framework and international collaborations);
- Generate a new global crop microbiome database to provide a new translational framework for collaborative microbiome research
- Identify critical knowledge gaps, provide baseline data and promote resourcing for innovation and adoption of microbiome-based tools in farming.
- Promote policy decisions and support key sustainable Development Goals linked to crop microbiomes.
- Provide support for standardisation of research and innovative approaches for early commercialisation and adoption of practices/technology in collaboration with participating organisations.
- Create training opportunities for the next generation of crop microbiome scientists, sustainable farm practitioners and extension workers
- Generate community support by maintaining sustained engagement with the general public and farming communities about the joint benefits of harnessing natural resources.
- Organise regular meetings to advance the translational activities.
- Sustainably increase farm profitability by increasing productivity using low chemical inputs (enhancing food security and improving environmental sustainability);
- Improve the quality (high nutrients and low chemical residues) of produce and prolong its post-harvest shelf-life (promote economic growth and regional prosperity);
- Contribute to and monitor progress towards the sustainable development goals (supporting policy framework and international collaborations);
- Establish a unique public and private framework to expedite innovation and adoption of bio-based technologies for agriculture and environmental industries
- Ensure the availability, efficiency and commercialisation of bio-based innovations for new industries (job creation);
- Secure a critical mass of research with this long-term program to provide training to young scientists, industries and community stakeholders (ensuring capacity building and gender equity);
- Nurture close and long-term cooperation between government departments, international organisations, industries and other key stakeholders to build new bio-based industries (job creation and regional prosperity);
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of outcomes to all stakeholders including the general community (support local business).